Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Visa Information

Visa information
What documentation is required to travel to Spain?

Documentation required to travel to Spain varies according to the country of origin.

If you are a citizen of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein: you need a valid passport or ID card. Under 16s can be included on the passport of their father, mother or tutor, as long as they have the same nationality as the passport holder and are travelling with him/her. Furthermore, if the young person is travelling with an ID card, this should be accompanied by parental authorisation.

If you are travelling from one of the following countries (Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, the USA, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, San Marino, the Vatican, Singapore, Uruguay or Venezuela): you must present a valid passport, which will allow you to remain in Spain for a maximum period of 90 days.

If you come from another country, you should apply for a visa from the Spanish Consulate in your place of residence, subject to criteria established by the EU. You will also require a valid passport. You may be required to specify the reason for your application for entrance to Spain. Furthermore, if considered opportune, the Spanish authorities may require a document showing the establishment of accommodation in Spain, confirmation of booking on an organised tour, a return ticket or ticket for a tourist itinerary, or an invitation by a third party. In addition, they may also require you to show that you are in possession of sufficient funds for maintenance during your stay in Spain.

It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.

Given that conditions may vary, we suggest that you contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip.



Invitation Letter
Should you need an invitation letter for the issuance of your visa you may obtain one by clicking here.

You can also apply for a Spanish Invitation Letter. Please note that the final invitation letter is in Spanish, but all the instructions are in English. Please click here for obtaining a Spanish Invitation Letter.


Organised by:

Organised By

Supported by:

Supported by

Important Deadlines:

Abstract submission
30th September 2009

Notification of acceptance
30th November 2009

Submission of final papers
30th January 2010

Exhibitor registration
15th February 2010

Who's online

Locations of visitors to this page